Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Surprisingly Still Alive


The first 3 days of the diet almost killed me. I had a migrane the size of Detroit and I can't take any of my meds for it. Tylenol just doesn't do it for me. I toughed it out, hating every minute of it. I couldn't watch TV since every other commercial had food in it. I could've eaten sand just to be allowed to chew.

I snuck over to the weight loss center to try to weigh myself just to see if I had lost any weight. (I didn't mention that the surgeon last week said that if I didn't lose 10 pounds by next Thursday, they would cancel my surgery.) I crept in as quietly as a woman of my size can, took off my 4 pound shoes and stepped on the scale. "That can't be right." I said to myself. So I stepped off and back onto my beast of burden and lo and behold, the reading was the same. I HAD lost 15 pounds since last Wednesday after only 4 days on the diet! Woot!! All this suffering is definately worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! Can I relate to not being able to weigh myself on my own scale! I used to sneak off to the airport to weigh myself at night on their unlocked, outside scales. How pathetic is that?!?

*S*