Monday, October 23, 2006

One More Day

I've had a pretty emotional day. I've gone from tears to dancing within seconds all day. I'm sure part of the emotional aspect is due to it being my "special" (there's nothing special to me) time of the month coming up. Initially, after scheduling surgery, I was concerned that my period was supposed to start on my surgery day. I was afraid that they might cancel surgery. I posted this predicament here on OH and got lots of great advice. Also, when the pre-op nurse called, she let me know that everything would be just fine. She even giggled as she told me they would give me those lovely mesh panties that you get when you have a baby.

I've been trying to get all the last minute things into place and have been cleaning but can't seem to get anything as clean as I would like it to stay. I'm close to giving up.

It seems that everyone wants me for something. I got seven phone calls this morning (in 1/2 an hour) not pertaining to work, but to my daughter's school (I'm the PTA president). I finally just let them know that they are going to have to work things out without me for a while. Sheesh! I've given them 10 years of my life. Thank God, this is my last year there as my youngest daughter will be moving on to middle school.

I guess this will be my last post before surgery. My husband called the hospital and got me a private room. I need to remember to kiss him for that.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the loser's side.

No comments: