Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Scale

I can't wait for the day when my scale won't read ERROR. When I bought it last February, I could actually use it. That was before the tour of pre WLS gluttony began. You see, I've eaten everything and anything I could get my hands on without giving another thought about what I was doing to myself. I figured that since I was having surgery I would be able to take the weight off later.

What that extra 20 pounds (beyond the 180 I've been carrying around) did to me was make me miserable. Things that hadn't been a problem before became almost impossible. I couldn't carry anything up the stairs because I could hardly bear my own weight on my knees.

I'm a little embarrassed about the next thing but I'm going to put it out there anyway as a future reference to myself to remain on plan. You see, I wasn't able to be as clean in the bathroom as I once had been. Those extra 20 pounds kept me from "reaching" where I needed to. That was pretty hard to write and I hope I have not offended anyone.

20 extra pounds is also a lot to carry around in the bedroom. I haven't wanted to look at myself let alone allow my husband to see me. Not to mention, the effects of 2 super obese lovers trying to make each other happy. Again, not a pretty sight but left as a reminder to me to never go to this place again.

I'm off to my pre-op visit at MMPC with Randy. I'm staying late since there is a support group meeting there with the 2 girls who wrote, "The Real Skinny On Weight Loss Surgery". I loved their witty humor and would love to meet them in person.

I'll update when I get back.

No comments: