Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm Hungry

I started the "diet" today. 800 calories and 150 grams of protein. The "food" is prepackaged and you add water and microwave.

Yum, yum. I made oatmeal with cinnamon apples this morning. This stuff looks like glue with lumps of snot thrown in. Daughter #2 walks into the kitchen and proceeds to tell me that my breakfast looks like throw up. She's charming, isn't she? I tell her to refrain from comments because I have to eat the stuff no matter what. I choke it down because I know I have to do this.

At lunch, I was heating up my vegetarian chili and my stepdad walks in and says, "What stinks?". Uhh...my lunch? Choked it down anyway.

The consistency of this "food" is just strange. It doesn't help that you only get about 4 ounces of "goo" at each meal.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow's meals will be choked down a little easier.

Oh, on a good note, because the diet it mostly liquid, there is no bowel prep before surgery. Woo hoo!! At least something good is coming out of this.

No comments: