Thursday, February 1, 2007

Poof! 80 Pounds Gone!

Weight 304

As of this morning, I have officially lost exactly 80 pounds! I lost 18 pounds in the two weeks before surgery. That makes 62 pound since surgery on October 25, 2006, just over 3 months ago. Can you tell I'm a little excited?

I'm feeling great these days. I feel almost human. I've noticed that people hold doors for me again instead of slamming them in my face when I'm only a few feet behind them. I'm saddened to think that people somehow think that because I'm fat, I don't deserve to be treated well. I try to treat everyone as I would like to be treated.

I'm reminded of the things I have gained along this journey. One of them is more freedom of movement. Before surgery, I was having a hard time bending over or even taking a shower. I felt so bloated that I feared I would burst if something poked my skin.

I find I'm less winded when walking and sometimes look back to where I have been in awe. I walk all over and don't even realize it. My knees feel slightly better when traversing the stairs but they are still not 100% yet.

I've had to move the seat forward in my van and also drop the steering wheel. I had a hard time before surgery because the seat belt was stretched as far as it would go and my belly touched the steering wheel.

I can easily get in and out of bed and wake up feeling refreshed instead of exhausted.

I can stand all day long at my job and not feel like I can't move at the end of the day.

I realize I have a long way to go but the benefits I already see are amazing!

No comments: