Monday, February 12, 2007

A Warning

Weight 298

I almost typed 398 above. It seems so strange to finally be free of the 300's, hopefully forever!

I'm starting to get some self confidence and don't feel like hiding anymore. People are really noticing that I've lost weight. Of course they all know I want to hear that so hopefully they aren't just blowing smoke up my a$$.

I've been told by several people that I'm brave for having WLS. I would beg to differ. WLS is not something that you just jump into. It's not right for everyone. You must be committed to following the rules or you will pay dearly with your life. I think we need to stress that because sometimes it's all flowers and butterflies post op. We're excited about losing weight and feeling better both physically and mentally. But, if we don't follow the rules provided to us to help us use this new tool, in the end, we will become unhealthy. Maybe even more unhealthy than we were pre op.

I guess this is my warning to remember to work hard at doing what we all know we are supposed to do. That way we can all enjoy this fantastic trip together.

No comments: