Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shopping

Weight 305

I had to buy some new jeans yesterday. I would rather go to the dentist than go to the mall but that is what I was forced to do today.

I found my favorite jeans, (5 sizes smaller) a bra and new underwear (sexy ones!). All for $42. Bonus!!

When the clerk was ringing up my purchase, she tried to talk me into buying another pair of jeans. I politely told her that I don't want to buy more since I've been losing weight. She asked how and I told her that I had weight loss surgery. Her response was, "So you cheated then?" I was so mad but tried to compose myself. "I'd say what I did was anything but cheating. Do you have any idea of how hard this whole thing is? It's not some magic potion that does the work for you," I said sheepishly.

Her next comment was that Randy Jackson from American Idol had it done and now he's gained all of his weight back. I let her know that he has not gained back all of his weight, only some.

Why do people want to make others feel like crap? I guess it makes them feel less miserable about themselves.

While I was in another store, I caught a glimpse of someone staring at me. It took me a second to realize that I was looking into a mirror! I didn't even recognize myself for a minute. That was a weird moment.

No comments: