Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Day At The Beach

Weight 296 (still stuck!)


We took the family on a 3 hour round trip to see the frozen waves on Lake Michigan. The windchill was -1 degree.



(Click pictures to enlarge)

Lighthouse and pier




We forgot the chairs.




Maybe we need a (snow) shovel




Is this Antarctica?


Wait, Mom! Don't leave us!
(If you enlarge this picture, you can see
the snow blowing sideways.)





We found a new home.


The abominable blue snowwoman.





We missed the ice festival by one day.





The waves were frozen at least a mile out from the shore. It seemed strange to be at a place where we are usually so hot. In the summer it's not uncommon to have 90 + degree temperatures.

I know that I would never have ventured out on the ice before losing the weight I have (yes, I still have a long way to go). I'm proud of the fact that I didn't hesitate to do something so memorable with my girls.

Thanks to Cheryl for inspiring me to do this!

No comments: