Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pain Update

Weight 280

I called the surgeon's office after the pain in my right side got worse. Apparently, they take this stuff pretty serious. They sent me immediately to have blood drawn.

I had an ultrasound. The technician was training someone so she talked the entire time. I knew immediately that I had gall stones because she pointed them out to the trainee.

Tim, my husband, had his 3 month appointment so they worked me in with the physician's assistant. I saw Dr. Kemmeter in the hall. He said that I had been the topic of discussion. He asked what the ultrasound showed and said I would need surgery. He almost seemed excited. I asked if he would do the surgery and he said, "Of course!".

The only problem is that I have to wait until April 13th (Friday) to have surgery. I'm in pain and the idea of having to wait that long is killing me.

I had to have a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia because of this crazy virus I've had for 2 weeks.

The PA was very excited about my weightloss. He did my pre-op exam so that I don't have to come back. That was the only good thing that came of this whole thing.

It's so strange because my head wants to be excited about my weight loss, but my body's not co-operating. I can't wait to feel better.

No comments: