Monday, April 9, 2007

Who Are You?

Weight 274

A friend and I were talking at the kids' school when another mom approached us. This woman's children had gone to school with ours but had left the school 2 years ago. She was visiting our kids' school because she does vision testing.

The woman hugged my friend and immediately began conversation. She completely ignored me which I found strange because in years past, we had spoken pleasantries every day.

I stood back and watched the exchange between the two women like I was invisible. She hugged my friend and left. I couldn't imagine why she hadn't spoken to me.

My youngest daughter came bounding out of the school and asked if I had seen "Mrs. Friend" because she had asked about me and even told daughter to make sure she told me "hello".

It took me a second to figure out that she had now clue who I was when I was standing there. She was looking for the "old " me.

So, I've officially had my first incident of not being recognized because of my weight. Weird.

No comments: