Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Small World

Weight 272

My body finally decided to give up trying to hold on to the fluid it retained during my recent gall bladder surgery.

I've been eating pretty normal foods (for me) but have had a hard time getting more than a few bites of anything down. This is where supplementing has saved me. Felicia turned me on to Pro Complex. It can be mixed in as little as 4 oz of fluid so it's easy to get down. The best part is that it tastes like chocolate milk.

On a different note, I received an email yesterday from a woman who had taken me under her wing when I attended my first support group meeting before surgery. She was so sweet and caring and kept in touch with me after my surgery. I hadn't heard from her for a while when I got this email:

Jenn, don't know if you remember me, but I met you at the support group meeting at MMPC before your surgery and talked to you quite awhile. I saw that you had gall bladder surgery on Friday. You're not going to believe this, but I did too. I think we were recovering together. YES, I was the grumpy one across from you. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't really see you. All I know is that I was not feeling the greatest and I couldn't believe you were so upbeat and chipper. Sorry I was so grumpy! Anyway, this is quite ironic don't you think?

I can't believe what a small world it is!

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

I'm gonna try this supplement. I don't think I'm getting in enough protein anymore. I'm tired all the time.

Funny how the world is so big yet it's not. Ya know?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.